Friday, October 18, 2013

Truth or Dare: (Truth) Share One Book You Hate and One Book You Love

Hi! This is a relatively new meme hosted by Jenna does books. Every Friday, participants will post up their responses to the two prompt choices: TRUTH or DARE. 

This week, I choose:

One book I hate:

Cycle of Hatred (World of Warcraft #4)

by Keith R.A. DeCandido

Despite the exciting cover, the book fails to deliver anything interesting. Most of the characters are flat and boring, and somehow Thrall has turned into an openly sexist orc. 

Nothing happens that really progresses the plot - it's a self-contained story where something bad ALMOST happens, but is prevented just in time. This book could have just not existed at all, and the WoW universe would not change. 

And why do the "bad" humans have American southern accents? 

One Book I Love:

All Our Yesterdays 

by Cristin Terrill

The best YA time travel novel I have read so far. 

It's well-written, and we get to know the characters very well by the end of the story. I was torn and didn't know which side to pick because both had so much to lose. 

It turned me into a hermit for a day or two. 





Thanks for reading! What are you up to this weekend?

4 comments:

  1. It takes a lot of guts to lay it all out there and share a book that you hate, doesn't it?

    I have to admit, thanks to my co-workers at a previous job I had (for an online retailer of Japanese animation) I absolutely LOATHE anything WoW. Haha! I can't help it, while I was busy working, my lazy co-workers spent their entire days on the WoW message boards and playing IN THE OFFICE. So anytime I see the words, I cringe.

    I agree about All Our Yesterdays! Very, very well-written time travel novel! Can't wait for book two!!

    Thanks for participating in Truth or Dare this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does. :)

      Oh gosh. I love WoW but the downside is that it can easily consume your life by eclipsing your other hobbies because the rewards are faster. I've always been more fascinated by the expansive lore of the WoW universe than the game mechanics.

      Ohh, I'm looking forward to it too!

      You're welcome, Jenna! Thanks for hosting this; it's fun!

      Delete
  2. ULTIMATE WoW GUIDE has created the ULTIMATE in-game guide for the money hungry World of Warcraft players that truly want to reach the highest level and make piles of gold.

    Unlike PDF methods our unique guide works in-game, to constantly tell the player what to do, step-by-step.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trying to get rich in World of Warcraft?

    Consider Installing the TYCOON GOLD ADDON.

    The addon will automatically discover the most profitable gold strategies in the game, in seconds.

    ReplyDelete