Tuesday, October 22, 2013

"Waiting On" Wednesday: Broken by C.J. Lyons

Hello! Welcome to Waiting On Wednesday, in which I will share with you a not-yet-published book that I am looking forward to. This weekly meme is hosted by Breaking the Spine

From Goodreads:
New York Times bestselling author CJ Lyons makes her YA debut with a fast-paced thriller sure to keep readers guessing to the very last page

The only thing fifteen-year-old Scarlet Killian has ever wanted is a chance at a normal life. Diagnosed with a rare and untreatable heart condition, she has never taken the school bus. Or giggled with friends during lunch. Or spied on a crush out of the corner of her eye. So when her parents offer her three days to prove she can survive high school, Scarlet knows her time is now... or never. Scarlet can feel her heart beating out of control with every slammed locker and every sideways glance in the hallway. But this high school is far from normal. And finding out the truth might just kill Scarlet before her heart does.

My thoughts:

I'm interested in this book because this isn't CJ Lyons's first book - it's her YA debut. I've heard that this book is different from most YA novels, so we'll see! :)

Thanks for visiting! What are you up to this Wednesday?

14 comments:

  1. Awesome pick. Been curious about this one as well :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/10/waiting-on-wednesday-70-vitro-mad.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Shane! Happy Wednesday to you too. :)

      Delete
  2. Hmm, I'm not too sure about that one, I've seen it around, but tried to avoid reading reviews, but it does sound quite good, hope it is! :)

    Heres mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Kirsty-Marie. I've seen some reviews on Goodreads but have tried to avoid reading too much as well. :) It's hard with all those eye-catching GIFs.

      Delete
  3. I haven't heard about this one - thanks for sharing.

    Glass @ Way Too Hot Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh I like the summary. I think I'll give this one a try. Great Pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heya, The sea of pages (I like the sound of Thesea more though; it's feminine). Sounds good to me too. :) Thanks.

      Delete
  5. I actually just read this one for the blog tour. My review will be posting the day before the book hits stores. :-)

    WoW Book

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Andia. That's great that you've read it already! I look forward to reading your comments on it.

      Delete
  6. This one sounds really good, I definitely need to add it to my TBR! Thanks for the introduction!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhh just added this to my tbr

    Thanks for sharing <3

    Check out our Waiting on Wednesday

    Doris @ Owl Always Be Reading

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure, Doris. :) Good to see you again.

      Delete