Tuesday, October 15, 2013

"Waiting On" Wednesday: REALITY BOY by A.S. King


Hey, welcome to Waiting On Wednesday, in which I will share with you a not-yet-published book that I am looking forward to. This weekly meme is hosted by Breaking the Spine

This week, I choose Reality Boy by A.S. King. Do you ever wonder what happens to kids who show up on reality TV?


From Amazon:

In this fearless portrayal of a boy on the edge, highly acclaimed Printz Honor author A.S. King explores the desperate reality of a former child "star" struggling to break free of his anger.

Gerald Faust started feeling angry even before his mother invited a reality TV crew into his five-year-old life. Twelve years later, he's still haunted by his rage-filled youth--which the entire world got to watch from every imaginable angle--and his anger issues have resulted in violent outbursts, zero friends, and clueless adults dumping him in the special education room at school. No one cares that Gerald has tried to learn to control himself; they're all just waiting for him to snap. And he's starting to feel dangerously close to doing just that...until he chooses to create possibilities for himself that he never knew he deserved.

It seems to have been well received on Goodreads.

Thanks for reading! What are you waiting for this week?

16 comments:

  1. This is new to me but sounds interesting. Love the cover, too. Thanks for sharing :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/10/waiting-on-wednesday-69-snow-in-summer.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking it out, Shane! Happy Wednesday to you too.

      Delete
  2. I have my name on the hold list at the library for when this comes out. Sound fantastic.

    WoW Book

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Andia, ooh, that's exciting. I need to reserve stuff ahead of time at the library more often.

      Delete
  3. I've seen this one around. It does sound really interesting, and I love the colourful cover!

    Heres mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kirsty-Marie, I love the colorful cover too! I'm interested in the development of his character. It really sounds like he grows.

      Delete
  4. I really liked Vera Dietz, but I haven't read any of ASK's other books. Really need to jump on that. Great pick!

    Mary @ Mary Had a Little Book Blog
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary, I haven't read either of Vera Dietz or AS King yet, including this one. I should really jump on it too. Thanks!

      Delete
  5. This sounds wonderful, and totally different. Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen this book around a lot but I haven't actually read the synopsis, but now that I've read it, I'm certainly intrigued by the book. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Hollie, I'm intrigued too. :) Thanks!

      Delete
  7. I'm really looking forward to this one! I read A. S. King's previous book (Ask the Passengers) and really loved her storytelling. Great pick!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lisa! Good to hear that A.S.King's writing is good. :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. First off awesome design!!!! Snap ;) Secondly the book sounds awesome. I haven't read anything by this author yet but I've seen good reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG Natalie!!! We are blog design twins!!!! :D Nice to meet my bloggity doppleganger. :) I've seen some pretty great reviews on the book too. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete