Saturday, September 28, 2013

Day Two: My Bedtime Reading Ritual

Click the image to go to the original page of the Blogger Challenge by Good Books and Good Wine!

Gosh, I'm just one of those people who don't have a set ritual. I don't go to bed at exactly the same time each night
(it depends on what I have planned tomorrow, including class times). I do have a set of things. 

I put all my books, homework, and necessities in my tote bag. I lay out the clothes I'm going to wear tomorrow, then I go brush my teeth. 

When I'm all snuggled and cozy on the bed (hubster is doing stuff on the laptop), I turn off the lights to ease my brain into sleep mode, and then I open up a booklight. The novel I choose will be something I'm reading for fun already. No new books at bedtime; just continuing the adventure! While I read, I drink a bottle of water so that my brain doesn't shrivel up overnight. 

I usually give myself a chapter limit (or goal, depending on how excited I am about the story), unless I have nothing planned for the next day. Then it's a read-a-thon!

What's your bedtime ritual? Do you read before you sleep? 

No comments:

Post a Comment