Monday, December 23, 2013

Top Ten Books I Wouldn't Mind Santa Bringing Me

Hosted by the Broke and the Bookish
As much as I would love to just buy whatever book I want to read, my tiny bookshelf would never be able to support all those books! The tomes I do have in physical form are usually the ones I choose to collect. Therefore, for this list I'll include books I definitely wouldn't mind having on my shelf or Kindle from Santa...that I don't own already. ;) 


Going off topic for a sec: I just did 14 minutes' worth of step exercises on my ottoman and I'm a bit sore. Oh, the wonderful uses of an ottoman! 

1. Dawn of the Aspects by Richard A. Knaak


Yes, that is one heck of an ugly dragon on the cover. I read the ebook part by part as it was released serially. It was thrilling. I'd love to have DotA in my World of Warcraft book collection.

2. Throne of Glass


Read it and loved it.


3. Crown of Midnight


Haven't read it yet, but have heard it is way better than the first one. Own it on the Kindle.


4. The Atlas of Middle Earth (Revised Edition) by Karen Wynn Fonstad


Oh. My. Gosh. I would get lost in this for hours. I love that there is so much that I will never know about Middle Earth because it's so expansive.


5. Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr


I've heard a lot about this, and on top of that, my friend has recommended it to me. Therefore, I must read it. :) 


6-8. Ruby Red trilogy


I haven't read these books yet but the design is so beautiful that I might just get it, and pass it on to my sister if I don't love the stories. These hardcover designs are way prettier than the trade paperbacks.


9. Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail by Cheryl Strayed


If I were to lose myself in a long hike across states, I would love to have Strayed as a last name. I heard a lot of buzz about her book, and while some people complained about the cuss words, I don't mind at all. I myself am a potty mouth at times. 


10. Tolkien: A Dictionary by David Day


Saw this at the bookstore and it is gorgeous. It would come in handy next quarter in my Tolkien class. 

____________________________________

Thanks for stopping by! With Christmas just two days away, I hope you are having fun, whether enjoying the company of people or your own in peaceful solitude. :) 

6 comments:

  1. I've had Wicked Lovely for such a long time but I've never read it - I found it used and picked it up. It is so lovely, don't you think? Also I want to read the Strayed book but just haven't taken the chance yet. I probably will read it as a library loan though, probably audiobook and following along with the print copy because I really enjoy reading that way sometimes. Hope you get at least one from your list this season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy holidays, Asheley! Don't you love used books? Haha. Audiobooks, being so expensive by themselves, are a good deal on library loan. I need to read that way again sometime; I'd definitely need the print copy in front of me while hearing it otherwise I'd lose track of what's going on! Thanks for stopping by; hope you get one from your list too! :D

      Delete
  2. I had some issues with Cheryl Strayed, both in terms of reading Wild and seeing her at an event. That being said, the idea of the hike she set off on is amazing and the natural and endurance aspects were really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Christine! What issues did you have with her writing and person? Indeed, I'll definitely be reading it for the natural and endurance aspects. I wonder if many people were inspired to take a hike because of her. Thanks for stopping by, and happy holidays!

      Delete
  3. UltimateWoWGuide has produced the NUMBER 1 in-game guide for the money hungry World of Warcraft players that truly want to reach the highest level and make lots of gold.

    Unlike PDF guides our unique guide works in-game, to constantly tell the player what to do, step-by-step, and in real-time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Considering getting rich in World of Warcraft?

    You should Install the DYNASTY: TYCOON GOLD ADDON.

    The addon will automatically discover the BEST gold strategies in the game, in seconds.

    ReplyDelete