Happy holidays! Welcome to the Sunday Scoop, which contains a weekly list of fun reads from around the Internet.
- From SavvySugar is a list of 65 awesome DIY stocking stuffer ideas. There are some that I haven't seen before, and they are so cool, such as the Instant Mocha Mix Test Tubes. CUTE.
- Out of time? There is also a list out there for last-minute DIY gifts.
- PR executive fired after a tweet joking about AIDS in Africa. Whether you believe her joke was forgivable or not, it was still in bad taste, especially for someone so influential. I'm surprised that someone working in public relations would have thought that it was appropriate, given the extremely public nature of Twitter.
- From Buzzfeed: 19 Awesomely Designed Books That Prove That Print Isn't Dead. YES on the Penguin Classics brightly-colored volumes. I saw them at my bookstore during the fall and while it's obviously a marketing gimmick, it's a gorgeous one. *sobs* They are so beautiful! ONE DAY I WILL OWN THEM.
- Take a look at these breathtaking photos of a very pregnant ballerina in elegant ballet poses. Mary Helen Bowers encourages mothers to embrace their pregnant bodies. While I'm not sure if I'd look that graceful while pregnant, those poses definitely look stunning!
- HA! Check out 9 Signs You Might Be Living in a YA Novel. So true, and we need some more people of color in YA novels. There are some coming in now, but in many mainstream YA novels White is still the default perspective.
- The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug came out a little over a week ago. CollegeFashion has made a fashion guide inspired by important elements in the Desolation of Smaug. Check it out! My fave outfit was the one on Thranduil's Realm. I can see myself running through a forest in that outfit, although I'd pick taller boots for more protection.
Thanks for reading, and enjoy your holidays. :)