Sunday, March 23, 2014

Sunday Scoop #21


Hi! Welcome the Sunday Scoop. This week, we are taking part in the Blog Tour for Angela Misri's Jewel of the Thames. Click here to read about the upcoming mystery novel and win a free eCopy!
  • At some point, we've all come across a book that we hated but were reluctant to leave to the did-not-finish shelf. So when is it a good time to stop reading? 31 Completely Acceptable Reasons To Break Up With A Book. My favorite is #20: "Midway through, you realize, 'Wait a minute! I don’t speak French!'"
  • The Divergent movie is out! I haven't finished the novel yet, but after I do, I will definitely check it out. From Buzzfeed: Divergent Is A Hit, But It's No Hunger Games. I'll wait until the fan votes die down on IMDB before I take the movie's rating more seriously. :P
  • We are now able to see when someone has read our message (and what time they did) on Facebook. Now Twitter Wants You To See How Many People Actually Read Your Tweets. This can help administrators see how well certain tweets reach their audience...and perhaps it can cause some individuals to feel worse about the lack of response to their tweets. But such is the nature of knowledge.
  • For fun: The 10 Most Annoying Teenagers From Books. There are some very well known teens here. I can see why so many people think Holden Caulfield is annoying, but in that sense, many of us have been annoying teenagers who were pissed off at the world at some point. I would have loved to see him grow out of that angsty stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment