Monday, March 16, 2015

It's Monday! (3/16/15) - First Audiobook


Thanks to all of you who include really awesome audiobooks in your Monday posts, I finally crawled over to audible.com and downloaded my first audiobook ever. I went with a Legend of Drizzt novel because it's a series that I've been trying to finish since 2010 (has it really been five years already? Geez!), and I am 3/4 of the way through so I might as well use it to make the morning commute a little more fun. 

I didn't think I would like the experience because I've always had issues with oral comprehension. To my surprise, I was able to follow along for the most part. Sometimes my mind still drifts off in the middle of narration, but I hope to train my brain by listening more.



Life

I've been itching to travel. Not necessarily abroad, like riding elephants across a muddy river or anything, but to get out of the routine. An escape. A getaway. Working six days a week (saving for paralegal school) has taken a toll on me. 


Time is passing by very quickly. I read about pi day yesterday and when I messaged my friend a "happy pi day!" it turned out that pi day was over. I worry that one day I will wake up and I'm forty. Maybe I just need two days off. The paralegal program starts at the end of June. Until then, I'm holding myself together. 

My Very First Audiobook (in progress):


Passage to Dawn by R. A. Salvatore
(Legend of Drizzt #10)

Been trying to finish this fantasy series for half a decade. Will finish by audiobook. ;) Three more (audio?!!)books to go. Love that dark elf. However, I love Artemis Entreri even more.


Finished:


The College Chronicles: Freshman Milestones by Kelly Owen

Consider this the ultimate handbook on the life of a college freshman. We follow the adventures of Cadence as she navigates through college life.


Currently Reading:

Diamonds in the Rough by Michelle Madow

Spooky Mo: Horror Stories by Marivi Soliven

***

Thanks for stopping by! What's your experience with audiobooks?

4 comments:

  1. I used to travel a lot for work and lived o/s etc and have no desire to do much travel now. However... I do often feel as if I want to get 'away'. Have a break from my little world and headspace etc.

    When I worked full-time I just wanted to take time off and vege at home, but now I'm at home more I like the idea of just getting out of my routine. I live in a lovely apartment on the beach and my mother lives in the old house I grew up in (about 40kms away). Sometimes we do a house swap for a few days. She invites her friends to visit her at my place and they marvel at the ocean and I bunker down at her place and watch DVDs etc. I know it sounds kinda weird but just getting away is nice sometimes!

    Have a nice week and don't push yourself too hard!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deborah, I suppose we all search for some way to balance out our lives! Traveling a lot for work sounds like a lot of fun, and I can see myself wanting to settle down in a home after a while haha. What you and your mom do is fantastic. House swapping sounds so budget-friendly too, since neither of you would have to worry about hotel fees, parking, etc. ;) Thank you so much for your thoughts. You take care too!

      Delete
  2. Welcome to the world of audiobooks! My mind tends to wander, too, but it also happens with print books. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jennifer! It's a lot easier to flip back to exactly where I want to refresh my memory with print books. I'm loving the audiobook world though!

      Delete