Sunday, February 1, 2015

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (2/2/2015)


Happy Groundhog Day!

This week, I was super-excited when I received a fat package of books and CDs in the mail from my editor over at College News:

For more details on this swag pack, see here.

You can be sure to see the book and album reviews coming up later!

This week, I finished reading:

Light of Lorelei 
by Jen Minkman
(Tales of Skylge #2)

This is really good. Jen Minkman has become a great writer. For those of you who aren't familiar with the Tales of Skylge series, it's a dystopian fantasy series set on an island in which Sirens (merfolk) regularly pull island people towards the sea with their eerie music, where they tear them apart and consume their life force. Aska is an orphan who is doomed to serve in a convent for the rest of her life because she is the offspring of a taboo relationship between Skylger and Anglian individuals. A series of strange occurrences leads her to find the truth behind the Sirens and the ruling class of the island... Read my review here.

I'll be posting an interview with the author, Jen Minkman, soon. Please stay tuned for it! I'll also link the interview in next week's It's Monday! post. :) 

2 comments:

  1. Oo that book sounds so good!!!! Although my cold-addled brain read this sentence "consume their life force" as consume their face. Lol!! I had to read it twice. Congrats on the swag!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, that would be so gruesome! Thank you, Erin!

      Delete