Sunday, February 22, 2015

It's Monday! (2/23/2015)

 This lovely meme is hosted by the ever-mighty Sheila of BookJourney.

Hello to you all again! I can't believe Monday is here again already. This is going to be one busy week on all fronts. This Thursday, I'm going to be heading north to Beverly Hills for a press screening of Kidnapping Mr. Heineken on behalf of College News. I'm really excited and also a bit nervous because this will be the first press screening I'm attending. 

I still haven't finished reading The College Chronicles: Freshman Milestones, so I'll just show what I actually finished reading and reviewing this week. 

It rained today, which is quite unusual in San Diego. I was inside the whole time so when I stepped out of work, I only knew about the rain because the ground was damp. 

This week, I finished:

Macaron Murder, by Harper Lin
Genre: Cozy Mystery 

Captivated Reader introduced this book to me last year, but I didn't start reading it until recently. This mystery novella set in Paris is really cute, and also a fast read. And even better: it's free on Amazon. Read my review here

Mess by Liars (album)

This album was quite unsettling and aggressive in both its lyrics and its form. In my review, I mention their music video (single version) of a song featuring a dude singing with a face that threw me into several hours of cartoon therapy afterward. Do check it out if you are braver than me.

****

Thanks for reading!

8 comments:

  1. That is an overly cute book cover :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Macaron Murder? I love anything that rings my Paris bell.

    readerbuzz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Deb Nance, absolutely. Love the Paris setting.

      Delete
  3. Oh, a press screening - that is exciting! I hope you enjoy it!

    PS. Unrelated: I have to confess I get the macaron / macaroon thing confused!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Deborah! :D I'm so excited!

      I used to get macarons and macaroons confused too! From my n00b understanding of cookies, macarons are the cute sandwich cookies of different colors, while macaroons are more golden-y, round cookies.

      Delete
  4. I love the tile of Macaroon Murder.

    Nice blog.

    ENJOY your reading week.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It's Monday, What Are You Reading

    ReplyDelete