Saturday, February 22, 2014

Sunday Scoop #17

Photo Source
Hope your weekend is going well. I've been productive this week: book reviews, classwork, and whatever else I do when I'm offline. ;) I *finally* finished reading Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas - the review will be out on Tuesday.

  • As someone who has worked in a used bookstore, I testify that I have seen each type of these 8 Books You'll Find at Every Used Bookstore. The diet books (South Beach, anyone?) and the many, many microwave cookbooks that were popular back in the 80s. I guess it was cool to cook via microwave back then. Maybe people got frustrated with the texture of microwaved food. 
  • House of Cards: Season 2 is out! Since it belongs to Netflix, the entire season has been released for those binge-watchers out there. I'll get to it in time. 
  • Hmm, what's your view on book-bingeing? Stop Binge-Watching And Start Binge-Reading. I Read 300 Books Last Year And Am Smarter Because Of It explores the concept of reading a LOTTTTT of books in quick succession of each other. I like the idea, but in practice, I am a tunnel-visioner. If I read a book, I read it with focus. The practice of binge-reading might work well with non-fiction, but not so much with novels that contain a narrative to follow. If I read 300 books but can't recall most of them, then what's the point?
  • Come join the 7 Day Book Teaser Party promoting The Wounded by Lauren Nicolle Taylor book that'll be releasing next week. This Facebook event will be from Feb 22 to Feb 28, and there will be daily giveaways for "attendees," so join early! 

No comments:

Post a Comment