Sunday, September 14, 2014

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (9/15/2014)

Hosted by Sheila from BookJourney
Hi! It's great to be back with the It's Monday! crowd. I've been working six days a week, so it is taking me a longer to finish reading a novel. I've also been cooking up recipes from a cookbook, but I'll put up the review another week since I'm still working through it.


An old society of dragons co-exists with modern human life on the surface. Dragons possess the abilities to telepathically extract a daily newspaper in their minds (like downloading a book through Wi-Fi) and to transform between their human and dragon forms. The appearance of a mysterious figure in Bentwhistle's workplace leads to strange and ominous occurrences that have the young dragon scratching his head as he seeks to solve the puzzle. Read my review here.





A guide on frugal living for the "underachiever". The tips range from reducing your entertainment costs to eating more inexpensively. Read my review here.


Thanks for checking out my post! Have a fun Monday. 

10 comments:

  1. I'm definitely going to have to check out frugality pays, I could use some more tips in that category!
    Here is my It's Monday post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Money saving tips for the underachiever. Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbish! The title attracted me to the book at first too. :P

      Delete
  3. Like the idea of #FrugalityPays. Everyone could use those ideas.

    Here's my It's Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Deb! Frugal ways are things that everyone can incorporate in their lives indeed. :)

      Delete
  4. My third grader just brought home a kids cookbook from the library on Friday, Here is my Monday So we are going to spend the week doing maybe two recipes together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Guy! That is so exciting about your third grader and the kids cookbook. I've always found kids cookbooks so fun -- the illustrations and visuals tend to be more appealing to me (or maybe I'm just a sucker for colors and simple instructions, haha). I think it's wonderful that you're trying out a couple of recipes with your third grader. If you discover that you're liking these culinary adventures, maybe you two can explore more cookbooks. Yay.

      Delete