Sunday, August 3, 2014

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (8/4/2014)

This awesome meme is hosted by Sheila of BookJourney. 

I finally finished reading a book that I had put down on a break while I was still in college. Aside from that, with a full-time job, I have less time for hobbies, so I have to decide on which ones I want to keep. Ultimately, one of my biggest goals is to write a novel, even if it sucks. Then I'll write another one.

My husband and I have been watching an anime called Attack on Titan in the evenings, which is amazingly done. The concepts of the 3D Maneuvering Devices and the titans are well-executed. I thought the idea of human-eating giants was a bit silly at first, but then the insight into the human condition that the film makes so fluidly sucked me in. I'm stunned by how well-paced and cerebral this series is. 

What I Finished This Week:


Road of the Patriarch by R.A. Salvatore

There is an entire fan community devoted to this adventurous duo of a flamboyant dark elf and a hard-hearted human assassin. I put some examples of fan art in my review of this book here

What I'm Reading:


Bentwhistle the Dragon: A Threat from the Past
by Paul Cude

I took a break from this book to read Road of the Patriarch, but now I'm coming back to it. 

****

Thanks for reading! Hope your week went well!

No comments:

Post a Comment