Tuesday, June 24, 2014

The Joy of Six-Dollar Evening Tickets at the Local AMC Theater

(Photo Credit: Disability Rights Galaxy)

Evening movie tickets at the local AMC theater (Palm Promenade 24) are going at six bucks, so the hubster and I have been making up for lost time at the movies since I was swamped with finals during early June. I took notes for what I thought about the movies, but I haven't been able to write them until this week.

With the low prices, we're seeing a lot of large families lining up to buy tickets, from older clans to groups with demon spawns figuratively crawling all over the carpet. The place is a lot more crowded than it has been for a really long time. In the evenings, teens cluster together by the potted plants in front of the building like birds. I'm guessing that despite the cheap movie tickets (most of the film cash goes back to the studios anyway), they're hoping to make money on concessions. Luckily for them, Poly likes his ICEEs, and I like to eat.

I don't think I've seen this pricing for any other AMC theater, especially not for matinee tickets. I think Palm Promenade has lost some business to the one in Plaza Bonita because the other theater is within a nicer mall with a lot of shops, while this one is sort of an island, with a so-so strip mall and Walmart store nearby. It's the closest one to my house, the customer service is amazing (this guy at the concessions counter waited for me--with the patience of a guru--to turn my phone back on so that I could save $2 on some nachos), and now the tickets are priced well, so it's my favorite theater.

Upcoming movie reviews: The Fault in Our Stars, Maleficent, 22 Jump Street, and How to Train Your Dragon 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment