Sunday, June 29, 2014

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (6/30/14)

This meme is hosted by Sheila of BookJourney. :)

This Week: Puke Fest
TMI warning. If I could sum up this week into a phrase, it'd be "puke fest." After scarfing down two large slices of anchovy pizza, I started feeling extremely bloated and nauseous. Then that nausea gave way to an awful "sleep" in which I kept waking up every two hours from the discomfort. The next day, I started puking. 

Turns out, the whole family got sick too, but it seems like I got some of the worst symptoms, from dehydration to fatigue.

The odd thing about the nausea was that I had trouble focusing on books, so I stopped reading my current book and started rereading a book that I'd put down while I was still in school. My productivity was like, nothing, but now I'm getting back up. 

Books I Finished Reading:

Combining the paranormal werewolves with sci-fi technology, Kruger weaves a fantastic thriller about a teen in Paris who finds himself torn between loyalties to feuding  werewolf societies. It was good. I tore through it.

Books I Am Currently Reading:


This is the last book in the Sellswords trilogy, and I'm reluctant to finish it, particularly because I know that Artemis Entreri is a relatively minor character compared to Drizzt. Salvatore has a wonderful skill in storytelling, especially when it comes to adventure stories. I have a feeling he'd be pretty good at writing soap operas too, though, from the way he portrays manipulative characters who scheme. Not much scheming here; more sword smacking. 

The second installment in the werewolf trilogy. It's pretty good so far, but I took a break from it after the stomach flu symptoms became unbearable. I'll return to this pretty soon, since I'll be reading the third book for a review.

This Week's Movie Posts:

Thanks for checking out my post! Hope your weekend was great.

8 comments:

  1. Good to know you're okay now. Was that food poisoning?

    Anyway, The Magdeburg trilogy sounds interesting. I will add it to my TBR list! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heya Aizel. It was probably food poisoning indeed. Glad that's all over too!

      Thanks. :) It's a great read; well written.

      Delete
  2. I am glad you are feeling better. Being that sick does make it hard to concentrate on anything else. The Magdeburg trilogy sounds like something I need to add to my stack too. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kathy! Glad it caught your interest.

      Delete
  3. The Night Has Teeth has such a cool cover. I'm glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no!!! The flu in the summertime is horrible!

    The Magdeburg trilogy sounds awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Quixotic Magpie! Ugh, I know. So thankful that I feel much better now though. Magdeburg is wonderful. :)

      Delete