Sunday, November 17, 2013

Sunday Scoop #7: Weekly Links and Reads

Hello, welcome to the Sunday Scoop. I hope you're enjoying this holiday season. This is one of my favorite times of the year. I'm looking forward to spending Thanksgiving break with my two families! This week (and possibly the next), the scoop will have a holidays flair to it. 

  • Celebrating Thanksgiving with friends? Check out this Friendsgiving guide on setting up a dinner party with friends. 
  • Books to Movies: Based on the series by V.C. Andrews, the Flowers in the Attic trailer is here. I read the series when I was ten. Some parts were hard to read because these girls grow up enduring different types of parental abuse. Child abuse is something not often dealt with head-on in YA fiction, and I appreciate this series offering people a way to put themselves in the shoes of a teen who doesn't have that ideal, stable home life. 
  • The Lamest Boyfriends in Fiction from Barnes and Noble blog. I giggled at the mention of Mr. Rochester's disguise as a fortune teller. That was so ridiculous! Hahaha. And of course, Edward Cullen is also on the list. 
  • Also from B&N is 4 Types of Books to Avoid Before Bed...especially if you have something important the following day. I'm guilty of reading books I can't put down and books that inspire my inner writer! 
Thank you so much for reading! What are your Thanksgiving plans? 

No comments:

Post a Comment